Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Back!

Don't I look like I'm getting bigger?
Hi! This is Gasthof again. I snuck onto mom's computer last night while she made chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I'll try to sneak one later, but she says I can't have chocolate.
I graduated from Level 1 obedience a few weeks ago and started on Level 2. I wish I could play with the other dogs....our teacher says we can't play with the other dogs afterward because then we wouldn't pay attention and would just want to play. But I like going to class because I get lots of treats and attention from both my mom and dad. I can tell they love me.
I overheard mom and dad talking about me today. They said that I seemed to grow up in the last week. They said I have started acting more mature, whatever that means!
Me and Dad on the farm!

I have been around more people in the last week, and I love the attention! I love everyone. I got petted, I licked lots of hands, and gave lots of kisses. Some people said they don't know why I lick so much, but their hands taste so good, like all the food they eat. I even got to try grandma's famous turkey and mashed potatoes! I can't wait to go back to the farm again! Maybe I'll get to go there in the spring time...and maybe mom and dad will even let me chase a rabbit. They didn't let me off the leash for very long this time...the one time they did, they kept calling my name, but I could hardly hear them--I smelled the best smell and did not want to leave. I don't get why they didn't want to come smell it too. I kept trying to call their name but it seemed like they didn't get it. Parents.
Aren't I cute?
I didn't have time to finish this yesterday, because mom came back too soon from making the cookies. She watched the Vikings game and I slept through the whole thing. Even though I have a Vikings dog tag, football is boring to me...why would I want to watch guys throwing and running with a ball, when I can't play along? I would rather nap and have good puppy dreams where I run off-leash through the fields chasing birds and bunnies and nap under the afternoon sun. Now that is what I call entertainment.
 
Mom and dad have been busy lately planning for a wedding. They're getting married! Mom has been busy on her computer and looking through books after work. I even heard them talking about me again...mom joked around that my last name is Clark until they get married, while dad said that it's always been Kremer. They're silly...when would I even use a last name? At class, the teacher and everyone else just calls us by our first name. I guess dogs are similar to singers like Madonna and Cher...so special we don't need a last name.
I overheard mom saying to dad "Our dog is a wimp". I'm not sure what that means...she said that I didn't want to go outside to go to the bathroom because it was raining. I don't like to go outside in cold weather unless mom or dad goes out there too. Today, I teased her by walking outside for a few seconds, then running back in. Then I even made her walk ALL the way down the stairs before I would come outside. I ran down the stairs, took care of business, then darted back inside to play with my toys. It's cold out there! I think she forgets that I used to be homeless in Iowa....when it's cold outside and I'm all alone, I get scared. But if mom comes outside with me, I don't feel scared because I know that I can follow her back inside...or even beat her to the door. Having four legs makes me speedy! I'm faster than mom, and she's a lot older than me.
See, I'm no wimp! I like the snow when mom plays with me!

Well, I should probably go...mom might get done working soon, and I want to go play with my toys. Hope everyone is staying warm! 

Licks and kisses,
Gasthof
 oOOo
   (   )

1 comment:

  1. This post was awesome. I love it when "Gasthof" writes. LOL and he's definitely no wimp :)

    -Tif

    ReplyDelete