Monday, August 22, 2011

Recap

I just realized it has been over 6 months since I last posted, and I figured it is as good a time as any to resume blogging (or at least give it a shot!). To get back up to speed, I am going to recap our  past 6 months...

February
-Bridal shower
-Cross country skiing
-Traveled up to Ely, MN for a weekend at Camp du Nord
-Nick & I skied the Birkebeiner (50k = 31 mile ski race)

March
-wedding preparation (& glad to be almost done with wedding planning...not my cup of tea! excited to get married but ready to be done with planning the details!)

April
-Bachelor and bachelorette parties
-My brother, Brian proposed to his girlfriend, Michelle...they are getting married next year on May 19, 2012!
-I turned 26 on April 20th
-Nick & I got married on April 23!!

May
-enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon to Washington State (Olympic National Park, Hoh Rainforest, Puget Sound, San Juan Islands, Seattle) and Vancouver. Also went to Seattle Mariner's game at Safeco Field
-Mother's day celebration with 3 different families: Nick's mom, my mom, and Nick's step-mom .
-Double date night with the Gallaghers!

June
-Baseball road trip June 3-5 (2 stadiums--Kansas City/Kauffman Stadium and St Louis//Busch Stadium)
-Nick turned 28 on June 13th
-"Camping day" to celebrate Julie Ann's birthday...since campground was full
-Celebrated Father's day: Twin's game with Nick's dad on Friday, and 3rd annual father's day bike trip with my dad

July
-Celebrated 4th of July with extended family in Hutchinson and Elk River
-My first time go karting
-Eye procedure to laser down retina in my right eye, followed by a lovely lunch with my mom and grandma at Key's Cafe
-Weekend at Nick's uncle's cabin with his mom, brothers, and brother's girlfriend, Miranda
-Biked 26 miles with Jen :-)
-Camping weekend in Eveleth, MN....Gasthof's first tent/camping experience!
-trying to get back into running

August
-yearly family vacation in Ely, MN at Camp du Nord
-flew to Los Angeles for a wedding (Sarah Robison/Jeff Schneider...reception in the Robison backyard. A beautiful wedding!). We also did some sightseeing (Venice Beach, Getty Center, Griffith Park, Griffith Park Observatory) and met up with a friend, Eddie, who I haven't seen in 13 years!! Nick, Eddie, and I went to a Dodger's game (Dodger Stadium)...Nick is collecting baseball hats at each stadium & I am collecting team baseball cards.
-Double date night with the Gallaghers
-August 20--(local) friends' wedding: Tiffany Blaisdell & Chris Nguyen. Lots of fun!

Current projects/interests include:
1. Emily learning to sew (bought 1st sewing machine today...waiting for it to come in the mail from overstock.com)
2. Nick & Emily trying to exercise regularly...it's difficult in the summer when it's hot after work and we don't get up early enough to run before work!
3. Bottling wine that we made from a kit
4. Growing wine grapes and hops in our yard...and a small garden that actually produced 2 cucumbers so far. Waiting for the tomatoes to ripen.
5. Organizing the house...neither of us love cleaning but we enjoy when it's more organized. Always a work in progress!
6. I am looking forward to the new local library opening this fall.
7. Brewing beer
8. Finding enough time to spend with family and friends....while also finding time to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment