Thursday, January 17, 2013

An Update

I am currently on a break at work and just wanted to write a quick update!

Freyja just turned 5 months old. She wakes up to eat once or twice to eat in the middle of the night, but other than that she has been sleeping fairly well. We leave for work around 7 am and I have been getting home around 6:30pm, so it doesn't give much time to see her when she is awake! When we get home, she usually just wants to eat and then sleep.

Work has been stressful, but I am getting more used to my new position and it will continue to improve as we just got another nephrology nurse care coordinator (I can go into more about my job another time!).

Nick has been a fabulous cook! Since I keep busy with feeding Freyja at home, he has taken over in the kitchen and cooks dinner and makes our lunches. I try not to wake him up in the middle of the night, and he puts in more work in the evenings.  Good teamwork :) The past few evenings, we change Freyja's diaper, feed her, and then I rock her while watching tv, drinking a half glass of red wine, and eating frozen yogurt/ice cream. It's a good end to my day. If I'm lucky, sometimes Nick even gives me a head massage!

Freyja is putting everything in her mouth, but no teeth yet. She is growing--last we checked, she weighed 12.4 lbs at 5 months old. She was 10.7 lbs at 4 months, so we had a great month for weight gain. She can't sit up on her own yet, but she is getting stronger. She is making new babbling noises and can play "independently" for a longer period of time (like on the activity mat).

Five kids and one daycare worker at her center were diagnosed with influenza last week, but thankfully she has been pretty healthy. It was a concern because she is too young to get the flu vaccine (she has to wait till next month). The glasses have really been helping! She is more interactive at daycare, seems happier, even sleeps less (they said she probably slept out of boredom...not sure if that's true but I thought it was funny!).

On the weekends I have been taking a long (2-3 hour) nap in the afternoon...I wish I didn't need this but by the weekend, I am exhausted! It helps recharge my battery for the week. The bedroom and nursery are cluttered with clothes--but it's not the end of the world I tell myself.

I miss not seeing friends and family as much...it really has been tiring starting a new job (full-time) and caring for an infant. Most days are: eat, work, eat, sleep, repeat. I have to get all the sleep I can so I stay healthy :)

Time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment