Monday, September 16, 2013

A few goals

Mostly I have been using this blog to document Freyja's first year of life...but now that she is over a year old, I think it's time for me to mix it up a little bit. While family is definitely my priority, I think that sometimes I put my own wants and needs on hold or I dismiss them as less important. For the next few months, I want to incorporate these in to our schedule and look at the big picture. A few things include: 1. Exercising regularly and signing up for a 5k or 10k race, likely in November 2. Going on a 2-day vacation with Nick (likely in October) where Freyja will stay with my parents for the weekend. 3. Organizing the basement so the space is more usable and enjoyable. 4. Reading a book from start to finish, and this does not include any of Freyja's storybooks. 5. Getting a babysitter and having a regular date night with Nick. 6. Planning meals & snacks for the week prior to going grocery shopping. 7. Keeping on top of the mail and organizing papers. 8. Continuing with self-improvement--including timeliness, organization, managing anxiety, and less stress with allocating time (sometimes I over-plan or under-plan things with friends, etc) 9. Verbalizing my appreciation to my friends & family (I don't take you for granted, but maybe I forget to tell you how much you mean to me!) 10. Asking for help when I need to, but also finding my inner strength to do some things on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment