Tuesday, January 21, 2014

September 2013 Recap

I haven't written in this for a while. I'm a little rusty, but like I tell myself to do with working out, I have to just jump back into it! I was tempted to start off saying it's been a busy few months, but when isn't it? :)

Here's looking back at the past 4 months, starting with September....

Freyja turned 13 months in September 2013 and continued to get better at walking. Our dog, Gasthof, didn't know what to think when suddenly he was the only one in the house walking on all fours. She has been wearing size 12 months and has been hovering around the 50th percentile.

We headed up to Camp du Nord just outside of Ely, MN, to partake in the wedding festivities of our friends Julie Ann and Dan. They had a beautiful ceremony and delicious food in the Northwoods, and we enjoyed catching up with friends over the wedding weekend. Freyja also had fun spending time with Aunt Michelle and Uncle Brian, and Grandma Deb and Grandpa Randy. While she went to the beach for the first time earlier in the summer, this weekend was the first time she walked on the sand without holding my hand. She is a very happy girl!




I had a nice time with friends making a painting at a Wine and Canvas event. With the busyness of work and family, sometimes I go a while between seeing people, but I always enjoy catching up and spending time with friends. If only we had 3-day work weeks and could afford our lifestyle, but it's just not realistic!

Nick enjoyed getting a guy's weekend away down in Texas to watch car racing. I ended up getting a lot of cleaning done around the house while still enjoying my one-on-one time with Freyja. The weather made it easy to go for walks in our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment