Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back to Blogging!

*Written 10/23/12 (I forgot to post it that day!)

The biggest event in my life since I posted on this blog over a year ago?


First family photo 2/14/12

On August 15, 2012, Nick and I welcomed our first child--a beautiful baby girl-- Freyja Valerie Kremer weighing 6 lbs 7 oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches long.

Our family of three; Freyja at 10 days old


 I waited 9 months to give kisses :)

Nick's mom--Grandma Melanie
My parents--Grandpa Randy and Grandma Deb






















It has been a very busy past 10 weeks since she was born and I wish I would have started writing on this blog sooner. I wrote in a journal on and off for the first month, and have gotten lazy in writing the past month and a half. Instead of lamenting for long on my lackadaisical writing, I will instead pat myself on the back that I started this up again. I think many of us are quick to choose a goal but then quick to criticize when we can't keep up with it; I think that many people can relate in February when their New Years' resolution went out the window after they ate the greasy cheeseburger and fries or skipped a few days of exercising. I stopped making resolutions--like keeping the house tidy and working out daily--and instead focused on smaller changes. But I digress. Something I missed more than keeping up on this blog? Running. Today I finished my first run (which included plenty of walking) since I was 6 months pregnant this past spring. It had rained earlier in the day, but it was humid and warm for October standards and I decided that I needed to get out of the house and break a sweat. Before our run, Gasthof was beside himself with excitement after he heard the word "run," and Freyja was beside herself with crabbiness strapped in her car seat. I had already changed into my workout clothes and running shoes and I hadn't talked myself out of the run, so I decided I couldn't let Freyja's unhappiness stop me. As I listened to her cries I reminded myself that movement usually soothes her and she would be fine once we got outside. As expected, as soon as I attached her car seat to the stroller she quieted. 

While it was my first run in a while, I have been able to get out and walk and enjoy the nice weather the past 2 months. I am thankful that my maternity leave started at the end of summer rather than at the beginning of winter. For the past month I have been meeting once a week with wonderful ladies from my prenatal group. We met each other at a group prenatal class that met regularly with a midwife, nurse, and lactation consultant...and we were all due in August. I have enjoyed getting out of the house and meeting up with other moms--learning from each other and being around others going through similar ups and downs.


Looking back in time, I really wanted to blog during my pregnancy...but procrastination persevered and it just never happened. I am sure many people can relate to that. I didn't start week-by -week photos until 16 weeks and I missed some weeks. Even though this is late, I want to have this post to look back on--so here goes:














And some ultrasound pictures:

10 weeks
12 weeks--what a difference 2 weeks makes!

22 weeks--3D

22 weeks--3D

And here are some pictures I took of the dad-to-be:

















It's time to feed Freyja, but I hope to write again soon!  :-)

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment