Friday, March 8, 2013

It's Finally Friday!

I feel like this week has gone by so slowly, and not in a "I can get more done" kind of slow way that I would like! I have still been just as busy. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought it was Saturday morning, meaning I could sleep in. I got so excited, then realized it was Friday and I still had to go to work in the morning.
Freyja acts tired starting around 7pm, and by 7:45 or 8pm she is not interested in playing or doing much of anything...but she won't sleep! She rubs her eyes and acts tired, and we try rocking her to sleep, but she usually doesn't stay asleep long. I know it's just a phase, but it's still no fun! One night she stayed up with Nick until 11:30pm. She has been consistently sleeping in her crib, except for the occasional nap in my arms when I feed her in the middle of the night and we both fall asleep! When I wake up, I put her back in her crib. The bassinet fits between our bed and the wall and is the perfect height to act as a railing to keep her from falling out of bed. While I never originally thought I would be ok with her occasionally sleeping in my arms--it just happened occasionally due to sleep depreviation, especially after returning to work--I have always woken up lying on my back with her in my right or left arm, without any pillows or sheets up by her face.

Freyja is finally over her diaper rash and I am so relieved. That was miserable for everyone! Since it's not recommended to use diaper cream or ointment while using cloth diapers, I haven't gotten to try out my new stash from last weekend. I look forward to trying them out this weekend assuming the diaper rash doesn't return!

Freyja has been increasing her palate and has tried the following foods so far:
-apples and applesauce
-bananas
-bananas mixed with peaches
-oatmeal
-potato
-green beans
-peas
-carrots
-white beans
-few licks of a popsicle, which is just sugar water more than a food!
-chicken
-salmon

I think we will stay away from some meat for a little while longer, as the daycare provider thinks that might be what gave her an upset stomach and massive blow-out.

Despite the lack of sleep and the long week, I can't really complain. I enjoy watching Freyja learn and grow, I love my family and friends, and I feel very blessed to have a wonderful husband and daughter with whom I can share each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment