Thursday, October 14, 2010

If Dogs Could Talk II

Woof! It's Gaaaaaasthof! I was able to sneak onto mom's computer while she was getting ready for dinner. But I have to be careful because dad is coming home from work..my paws don't type too fast, but I'm getting better. Lately mom and dad have been tired and very busy with work, so they haven't taken me on a walk or played with me in the backyard before work. Usually mom gets home first, and I get so excited that I can't help but jump all over her. I don't get why she doesn't jump with me? I put my paws up on her to show her I love her. She shows me she loves me by petting me, playing with me, and feeding me. Lately I have been trying a different sample every day of food...tonight mom mixed "Prairie" lamb and oatmeal kibble with my "Iams". Yum! I licked my bowl till it was shiny and I could see my nose. My favorite stuff is the venison meat and liver from the can. It's tasty!

My mom's aunt LeAnne recommended that my mom turn on the radio or have a CD playing while I'm home alone. When my mom turned on the radio, and she said there is only ONE station that works. I guess it's an old CD player and the dial doesn't work to change the station. Guess which station? I didn't know, because it's all in another language. When mom came home she said "Hola!" and sounded excited. She said I was listening to a Spanish radio station with Latino music and Spanish speaking hosts. Maybe if I listen to it enough, I will be able to talk with the Chihuahuas next door?! Our neighbors have two Chihuahuas. They look like they would be fun to play with. I think they're smaller than my head!

Today was my fourth run this week! Mom took me running on Monday and Tuesday, and dad ran with me yesterday since mom had to work late. I like spending time with dad, he is fun! But he doesn't let me sleep in bed with him, like when mom stayed up late last night. I wanted to know what mom was doing, so how could I stay still? I heard her typing on the computer and watching tv. Dad says she's watching Survivor. Wouldn't she rather play with me? Or I would help her with her typing...I am getting better.

At least we got to run outside again today and she even played with me in the backyard. I love playing with her. It's especially fun when I stand still and let her think I will give her the frisbee, then I sprint off in the other direction.  I may not run like the big dogs...but I'm fast and she can't catch me! She says I look cute when I run and flip the frisbee into the air, but I'm not good at running in a straight line. On our run today at the park, her knee kept running into my head or my side. I just wanted to see the guys playing frisbee. She tried to get me to sit, but I didn't want to listen. It's boring sitting. It's much more fun sniffing the ground, chewing on sticks, and watching the guys play frisbee. She doesn't have treats or anything, so I didn't want to listen. I'm on a leash when we run so I can't choose where we go, but I can choose if I sit or not. Ha!

Mom says I have a lot of energy. When I jump up on her, she says "No!" and makes me get off her. Then she holds me and makes me wait for a few seconds...it feels like forever...but then I jump up on her and try again, thinking maybe she didn't know I wanted to play with her. Maybe mom and dad will let me play with them tonight, I heard mom say she is having game night. I love being right where they are, it's so much fun:) I only want to sleep when they're sleeping too.

Uh oh! I hear the garage door opening...hope everyone has a good night and finds lots of sticks to chew on! Yum!
Licks and kisses,
Gasthof  oOOo
              (    )

No comments:

Post a Comment